Tuesday, January 10, 2012

M1A1 Workbench Addition

A couple days ago I decided I wanted to run power to my workbench so I got an old 15A extension cord and plugged it into the ceiling outlet (e.g. for garage door opener) and held it against the beam running along the ceiling with RG-6 cable clips. I ran it down to my workbench and mounted the duplex outlet box to the leftmost leg. I then drilled through the back of the leg, ran the wiring in, wired the outlet and mounted everything. Then I went back and cut the power cable where it leaves the wall and goes to the workbench, added a female hospital plug to one end and a male to the other so I could disconnect the workbench to move it without having to go to the ceiling to unplug the cord. Looks nice and works great. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment